cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 70-200 f2.8 IS iii USM + RF 24-105 f4 IS USM

kosta99
Contributor

Hello guys, I recently bought the above lenses from Greece and when I received them all the details on the box removed, like the serial number, then I tried to check the serial numbers using this link https://www.canon.co.uk/about_us/serial-number-checker/ but it says The product with the serial number that you provided was not originally intended by Canon for sale in the European Economic Area "

is there any way to check the authentication of these lenses?

Thank You.

17 REPLIES 17

I have the 70-200, and it does not rattle.  I do not have any lenses that rattle.  It is peculiar that not one, but two lenses rattle.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

I have the 70-200, and it does not rattle.  I do not have any lenses that rattle.  It is peculiar that not one, but two lenses rattle.

That is why I'm afraid, I think it's better to go there and ask them, the only problem is due to covid lockdown shops in Greece do their business all online, but I have to find a way, Thanks, Mate.

There is a high probability your lenses are faulty.  They should be returned ASAP.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

There is a high probability your lenses are faulty.  They should be returned ASAP.

I will call them and give an update here so if anyone else having the same problem can have a better idea.

Sounds like the plan!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Unfortunately, sometimes, when prices are too good to be true, one may fall for it. Hope it's not your case. But i fell for it in the past and got burned. As of yesterday, I saw an ebay new vendor selling the Canon EF 135mm f2 L for $700 ... brand new.

Very tempted ... but I'll skip.

new2.png

@SBK wrote:

Unfortunately, sometimes, when prices are too good to be true, one may fall for it. Hope it's not your case. But i fell for it in the past and got burned. As of yesterday, I saw an ebay new vendor selling the Canon EF 135mm f2 L for $700 ... brand new.

new2.png

Thank you, it's not cheap or a heavy discount here mate, it's about 50 Euros less than other shops.

@kosta99 wrote:

@SBK wrote:

Thank you, it's not cheap or a heavy discount here mate, it's about 50 Euros less than other shops.

Pay the extra 50 Euros, and get a factory backed warranty, as well as, Canon repair services after the warranty expires.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements