cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens, does it come with a manual booklet?

susiew
Apprentice

Just purchased an EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens from B&H and found it did not come with an instruction manual BOOKLET.  It did come with a warranty paper and one piece of folded paper that says EF Lens Instruction for different models of EF lenses.  I watched some unboxing videos on YouTube; they all come with a manual BOOKLET.  Mine not only did not have the manual booklet, it also has some packaging materials missing when I compare with those unboxing on YouTube.   I called B&H and the guy said this lens doesn't come with the booklet anymore.  I called Canon USA and they said it does come with a 21-page manual booklet.  

My question is for those that purchased this lens, did it have a manual booklet in it?  Is there anyone who also bought this lens from B&H and did it come with the manual booklet?  And, when did you purchase the lens?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" It did come with a warranty paper and one piece of folded paper that says EF Lens Instruction ..."

Yeah, B&H is right, that is all the 'manual' there is unless you can d/l one. I have never d/l a lens manual so I don't know what they are like. A lens isn't really like a camera with tons of options and settings.

D/l one and let me know what it is like. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/6/0300017486/01/ef100-400f45-56lisiiusm-im-e.pdf

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Download the manual. It explains the switches.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements