cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canadian purchased lens

ericpatdu
Apprentice

Are lenses purchased in Canada covered by the US warranty?  Can you buy CarePAK Plus for new lenses bought in Canada?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would check with Canon Canada, and then Canon USA.  Assuming that you purchased from an authorized dealer, you should be able to register with Canon Canada.  But, you may run into issues with an address outside of Canada.  I don’t know.  Contact them directly, or try to register with Canon Canada online.

Lenses might be handled differently from camera bodies.  I think lenses are essentially identical no matter where they are intended to be sold.  There is [no] language issue with the menu system to worry about.  No variations in RF and Wi-Fi frequencies to worry about.  Etc.

Again, contact Canon USA and Canon Canada directly.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Are lenses purchased in Canada covered by the US warranty?

I really doubt it but a call to Canon USA will tell you the correct answer. 1 (800) 652-2666

I have no doubt that Canon USA will fix a Canada lens but not warranty but call them.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ericpatdu
Apprentice

Thanks waddizzle and ebiggs1. Have been waiting for ages for an RF lens to be available here in the US so I'm thinking of getting it in Canada instead.

Announcements