cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 stopped detecting my printer

Vivian07
Apprentice

Windows 10 stopped detecting my TS8120 inkjet. It was fine Monday; the problem started yesterday. The printer is listed in hardware as the default printer. I restarted my laptop and shut of the printer off and on. No deal. It's on WiFi.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Vivian07 wrote:

Windows 10 stopped detecting my TS8120 inkjet. It was fine Monday; the problem started yesterday. The printer is listed in hardware as the default printer. I restarted my laptop and shut of the printer off and on. No deal. It's on WiFi.

Greetings,

I suspect the printer's IP address originally assigned by your router or DHCP server has changed from what your computer believe it was last (when it worked).  I would suggest assigning or reserving a static IP for the printer on your router.  Then remove and re-add the printer using this IP address.  Once this is set, it will never change and other devices on the network will be able to find the printer at its persistent destination (statically assigned IP address) which will not be a "moving target'.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

adamvinh
Apprentice

I do uninstall/reinstall including clear all wifi setting and make new connection, the time still wrong, did not solved.

Announcements