cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanning to a PDF file

naushi
Contributor

Sorry folks I did not phrase my question right regarding the issue with my scanner - My question is how can I make my scanner scan the document to a PDF file. When I scan using the scanner it scans to a TIF/JPG format by default - I dont see any option to switch it to a PDF file and I cant convert a JPG file to a PDF file.Please help if you can. Thanks - My printer is cannon G4210 - I Initiate the scan from my PC. I have  DELL XPS PC with Windows 10. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi naushi,

Please go to the Canon Utilities folder on your computer and select IJ Scan Utility. Once IJ Scan Utility is open, select the document option. This will allow you to scan and save documents as a PDF.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

I installed th utility and it worked - Thank you 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi naushi,

Please go to the Canon Utilities folder on your computer and select IJ Scan Utility. Once IJ Scan Utility is open, select the document option. This will allow you to scan and save documents as a PDF.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am unable to find canon utilities on my c drive - I checked under program files (x86) - I guess I need to install it 

I installed th utility and it worked - Thank you 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements