cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mystery page print

SuzyPingree
Apprentice

My Canon ix6800 has developed an odd and annoying quirk.  Any time I print (usually from Word), the printer first spits out 2/3 page from our company's 2020 tax return.  I never had this document on my computer, although my husband may have and our wireless printers share the same network.

Lately, this has added an additional annoyance.  My print job says "printing," but there's also the message "job paused because printer is carrying out another operation."  I have to fiddle with the buttons on the printer and sometimes even turn it off to get to my job.  

How can I get rid of this thing?

Thanks,

Suzy Pingree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

THANKS!  When I saw "Windows," I figured this wouldn't help on my Mac, but read your link and then found something similar for Mac under "System Preferences."  Just did a test print and no unwanted pages!  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend

Maybe try tgis:

What Is Print Spooler and How to Reset It on Windows 10? (minitool.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic

THANKS!  When I saw "Windows," I figured this wouldn't help on my Mac, but read your link and then found something similar for Mac under "System Preferences."  Just did a test print and no unwanted pages!  Thanks again.

Announcements