cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iX6800 Series - mystery page printing before actual document

SuzyPingree
Apprentice

My Canon ix6800 has developed an odd and annoying quirk.  Any time I print (usually from Word), the printer first spits out 2/3 page from our company's 2020 tax return.  I never had this document on my computer, although my husband may have and our wireless printers share the same network.

Lately, this has added an additional annoyance.  My print job says "printing," but there's also the message "job paused because printer is carrying out another operation."  I have to fiddle with the buttons on the printer and sometimes even turn it off to get to my job.  

How can I get rid of this thing?

Thanks,

Suzy Pingree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

THANKS!  When I saw "Windows," I figured this wouldn't help on my Mac, but read your link and then found something similar for Mac under "System Preferences."  Just did a test print and no unwanted pages!  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Maybe try tgis:

What Is Print Spooler and How to Reset It on Windows 10? (minitool.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

THANKS!  When I saw "Windows," I figured this wouldn't help on my Mac, but read your link and then found something similar for Mac under "System Preferences."  Just did a test print and no unwanted pages!  Thanks again.

wednesdaytgw
Contributor

thanks, I hope that works for me

new TS9520, printing a random page from an recipe

not in the print que, I turned the spooler on and off, on a another site told that would stop it

really annoying esp when I am printing on a more expensive paper stock or, it throws off printing pages and I loaded only the paper I needed for my project, not the extra page

wednesdaytgw
Contributor

I've already done something similar, stopped and restarted the spooler, a shame I didn't think to screen shot if there were files shown there

just followed these directions and it didn't work

still printing the mystery page when I print another document 

the instructions on minitool were a LOT easier to follow, I will be doing more reading on that site!

thank you   

my new canon ts9520 is printing one page from a recipe, and not every time

doesn't show in the print cue anywhere...  and the original project was in MS word, but the page will print when I am using MS Publisher if that helps... 

I uninstalled all the software from my previous canon and I had a lot of trouble with installing the software for the new printer and trying to figure out what updates it needed, when I called canon, sounds like they didn't know either but this, seems like it is probably a MS problem 

though some message boards have suggested it is stored in the printer memory, doesn't that clear when the printer is shut down? 

I can't figure out what the original file is or I would just delete that but, since it is not in the cue, that might not make a difference 

really annoying when I am printing on special papers 

I've never had this happen before 

reinstalled all canon software, not easy, the cd and online download stalled several times

also reinstalled my word and publisher software

seems to have solved the problem

Announcements