cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my canon 450 printer will not register as 'on'. This is a new problem.

myoldmill
Apprentice

I have just finished a scan from my canon 450 into my laptop. I am attempting another scan but it is not registering as 'on' in my laptop. I have tried changing ports and putting it off and on, but it still won't show as 'on' in my laptop.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello.

If you have the MP450, make sure that the printer is connected directly to your computer via USB.  Avoid using any extension devices or hubs when making the connection.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Seems that there are 2 separate machines listed on my laptop for the Canon. One says fax and the other says series. If I open 'scan' from the one that says fax, it will scan. Not sure why it shows as two. On my older laptop, it only shows as one. But, I can get it to work, so, good enough. Thanks for your help. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

window 7

Thank You!!

Hello.

If you have the MP450, make sure that the printer is connected directly to your computer via USB.  Avoid using any extension devices or hubs when making the connection.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Seems that there are 2 separate machines listed on my laptop for the Canon. One says fax and the other says series. If I open 'scan' from the one that says fax, it will scan. Not sure why it shows as two. On my older laptop, it only shows as one. But, I can get it to work, so, good enough. Thanks for your help. 

Announcements