cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MP240 how to reset low ink warning

pallen38
Apprentice

used refill kit to put ink in 210 cartridge on my pixma MP240 printer, but status window still shows out of ink. I know there's ink cause print with it all the time.  Is there a way to reset the warning?, or get it accurately reflect what's actually in there?  No mention in "help", and  maintenance page only has how to direct which cartridge to use...black, color or both.  Not a big deal but would be nice to know when ink is low before I actually run out.

Also, has anybody has experience with color ink refills for 211 cartridge?  I've been pleased using black in refills, but haven't tried color.  It must be more complex, but does it work well, too?   thx.

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi pallen38,

Beacuse the ink cartridge has been refilled, we cannot guarantee that the ink levels will be detected properly; however, you may be able to disable the ink level detection function of the printer so that you can continue printing.  To do this, please press and hold down the STOP/RESET or RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then release it.  You will need to do this for each ink cartridge that is showing that it is low or out of ink.  Once the ink cartridges are replaced with Canon genuine ink cartridges, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled.  

Should disabling the ink level detection function of the printer not work, you will need to replace the ink with Canon genuine ink cartridges.  If you are unable to locate the inks locally, Canon supplies and accessories can be purchased from the Canon eStore online here.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

held down stop/reset for 10 sec and still see "low ink warning".  Just filled it up recently so shouldn't be low and still prints OK.  Other ideas.   Also still haven't heard from anybody about usefulness of color refils.  thx

should be question "more ideas?".  Also, maybe disabling it shows same place when it was disabled (i.e. low ink warning), as opposed to some sort of "disabled" message.

LoriLynn72
Apprentice
I refill with both black & color, as long as I keep the print heads on the ink cartridge clean after the refill, I have not had any issues. I do recommend that at least once a month take a Q-tip with alcohol and clean the ink cartridge holder to remove any build up that could cause blotting.

hanobrandi
Apprentice

I have done cartridges on a few different printers. I now have a pixma mg2922 and had to create my own holes in the top of the ink cartridges to refill them. The color cartridge is the same as the black one when you peel the sticker back they usually have a small circle or something letting you know where you should make the whole. ( That is not actually why those holes are there as far as I know but they just happen to work out) the only difference with a color cartridge is you will have to do three colors and you have to make three holes if your cartridge does not have holes already. depending on how empty your cartridge is you may have to stick a small nail or or something into the hole to the bottom to figure out which color goes where. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements