05-07-2022 10:33 AM
I'm trying to install an MG2220 printer on a new computer running Windows 11. The system seems to detect it as a scanner but not as a printer. I've downloaded the Windows 11 driver from the Canon web site and followed the instructions precisely, but keep getting the message that the printer is not detected. I've verified the USB connection and tried using different USB ports. I'd greatly appreciate your assistance.
05-13-2022 12:32 PM
Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MG2200 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG2200's are removed.
5. Disconnect the USB cable.
6. Click Close to close that window.
7. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
8. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
9. Click once on "Canon MG2200 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
10. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
11. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MG2200 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mg2200-1_01-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.
05-13-2022 07:34 PM
Thank you, Patrick. I did try re-installing and that did not work. The computer manufacturer was able to help me by installing the My Printer troubleshooting software on the Canon site, which I had not noticed. Running that did the trick.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS 1DX Mark III- Version 1.7.1
Speedlite EL-1 - Version 1.0.2
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EF50 F1.2 L USM
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EOS R10
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.