cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the MX850 still work in black and white if any of the color ink tanks are empty?

mindysch59
Apprentice

We are replacing our PIXMA MX 850 because the color printing quality is degrading and Canon tells me there is no longer repair support offered for this product. I already have a replacement all-in-one (only $97) and would like to donate our old MX850 to our local elementary school.  But I worry that the MX850 will stop working in black and white once a color tank is empty.  (I know it won't work in black and white even when one of the black tanks still has ink, if the other is completely empty.)

Could anyone tell me if they've had experience with this?  I don't want to give the school something that's just going to be more trouble than it's worth.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Our inkjet printers will not be able to print or copy if any ink tank is empty or not installed.  Please replace the empty tank to resume normal operation.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mindysch59
Apprentice
This is disappointing to learn but thank you for your answer.
Announcements