cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2720 Vacation settings for printer

jsumara
Apprentice

As snowbirds, we leave for months at a time each year.  I'm interested in knowing what procedures we should be using for our printers while we are away for extended periods.  Do I leave them on?  Remove ink cartridges?  

Every year I have to worry about clogged print heads, damage to printers, etc., even though we have whole house surge protectors.  This time our power and internet went up and down multiple times during a hurricane while we were away.

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you are not going to use the printer for a long period of time, we recommend taking the ink cartridges out of the machine and storing them in a sealed ziplock bag.  This will help prevent the clogging or drying up of the ink.  When you go to use the printer again, you will need to install the ink cartridges and perform several print head cleanings.

Also, you can power off the printer. Please be advised that after that long period of time with the printer being off, you may need to reconnect the printer back to your network when you return. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

A great idea, but how do I get the cartridges out?   This model printer will only allow you to remove a cartridge when it is empty.  Is there a way to fool the programming so I can remove them?

Can you post the model identification of the printer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sorry I thought you would see the model number from my profile.   It’s MB2720.  Thanks for getting back to me 

I am also a snowbird and have a PIXMA G2020 have the same question.

Announcements