While trying to remove adhesive labels from inside printer using the roller cleaning function I get error 5100. This occured during head cleaning too.
Do I need to disassemble machine to remove lables? Do you have instructions?
To remove the labels from inside your PIXMA MX860 and clear the 5100 error, please follow these steps:
1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.
2. Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).
3. Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.
3-1. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.
3-2. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.
4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.
5. Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions. Remove any if found.
6. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.
7. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.
8. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.
9. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.