cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6220 Error 6C10

pp1
Apprentice

Hey guys,

I've had this printer for quite a long time. I run my small art business off of it. I noticed some black streaks so I decided to perform maintenance, I first tried to run "clean printer heads" and kept getting error 6C10.

Thought that was weird, so I proceeded to try to clean the roller (which was the actual culprit). Worked great!

However, now every time I try to print I get the error 6C10.

I cleaned the ink pad on the far right side, and tried to clean the little clear tabs too.

I've attached a picture of the inside of the printer where I did my best to clean.

I looked through the internet, and was advised to "reset the ink absorber counter", however, my controls are touch, not actual buttons. So I couldn't achieve this step.

TLDR; Printer error 6C10 on a touchscreen printer. Please help.

I have an art event tonight, I can't believe my printer would do this the one night I need it most.

20220603_161841.jpg

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

This error is caused by the waste ink absorber being full. The waste ink absorber is a part inside of your printer that absorbs excess ink used in the cleaning and printing operations. Printing can be performed until the waste ink absorber becomes full. When the message changes to indicate that the waste ink absorber is full, printing cannot be performed and the printer may need to be serviced.

Please keep in mind that the costs associated with having this service performed may exceed the cost of a brand new printer and because of that, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. 

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well. 

Announcements