cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9521C won't print 49lb matte photo paper from rear feeder error code 1000

rbgreen
Contributor

Just bought this from Best Buy because it says it can print up to 74lb paper in the rear tray. I have to guide each page to print by lightly pushing down on it. It's not feeding the paper. I had a similar issue with an IP8720 I had to return. This is now the 2nd printer I'm dealing with this issue.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The manual states supported paper weights is 17-28 lbs.

Page 268:

TS9500ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V02.pdf (canon.com)

Paper Weight
You can use paper in the following weight range.
• 17 to 28 lb (64 to 105 g /m2) (plain paper other than genuine Canon paper

If you have other information, please post for us.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That's for the tray. My issue is with the rear feeder. This is marketed as a craft printer that's supposed to be able to print on canvas.

@rbgreen wrote:

That's for the tray. My issue is with the rear feeder. This is marketed as a craft printer that's supposed to be able to print on canvas.

Unless I am doing something wrong, here is what I found on the Canon site:

Screenshot 2024-06-14 142028.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Blevine129
Apprentice

Did you ever get an answer? I just bought the same printer and can’t get the rear feeder to work either!!!

No, I did not.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I didn't see anything about canvas in the specs, so I consulted the product manual as well.  Canvas is not listed as a supported media type.  @rbgreen, you indicated the printer is marketed as supporting canvas.  I don't see this referenced anywhere.  Where did you see this?  Do you have this information for us to review?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements