cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4520 compatibility with Mac

estelle1
Apprentice

I have a Mac laptop (OS12.6.1) that had been my personal computer and was connected to a Canon TR4520 and worked fine.  Recently, IT cleared off that computer because I want to use it for undergraduate students in my laboratory.  I bought another Canon TR4520 and we have followed the instructions to load the Mac driver from the Canon website multiple time but we can't "add" the printer to the list of printers because no software appears to be loaded onto the laptop.  Can the driver software run on a Mac?  If so, what else could cause the driver to not be recognized?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

estelle1
Apprentice

It turns out that although the Mac laptop was cleared of all documents, there was apparently a document in a "hidden" print queue some place.  My IT guy found reference to this quirk on the internet - I'm not sure where - but I remember that the article referred to the fix as the Nuclear Option.  To fix it, I cleared all printers and drivers from the computer and then was able go back and add printers.  Note that this "jam" was also preventing me from wirelessly printing to my office's photocopier.  In other words, printing of all types was blocked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi estelle1,

It is unclear as to what you were attempting to install, as drivers for macOS 12 are not available for the PIXMA TR4520.  The PIXMA TR4520 uses the Mac's built in printing system Airprint, so drivers are unnecessary.  

To install your PIXMA TR4520 on your Mac, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner.

2.  Click on System Preferences.

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Click the [+] in the lower left corner.

5.  In the Add Printer window, select the Canon TR4500 series and then click Add.

The printer will be installed on your Mac.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

estelle1
Apprentice

It turns out that although the Mac laptop was cleared of all documents, there was apparently a document in a "hidden" print queue some place.  My IT guy found reference to this quirk on the internet - I'm not sure where - but I remember that the article referred to the fix as the Nuclear Option.  To fix it, I cleared all printers and drivers from the computer and then was able go back and add printers.  Note that this "jam" was also preventing me from wirelessly printing to my office's photocopier.  In other words, printing of all types was blocked.

Announcements