cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4520 prints old jobs

mwalla19
Apprentice

My Canon Pixma TR 4520 continues to print old jobs at random.  There is nothing in the print queue and we have powered down and even unplugged the printer to try and clear any print jobs but to no avail.  It contines to print an old job.  Right now there are 9 copies of the same document it has printed at random over the past few days.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mwalla19,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Also, are you using your PIXMA TR4520 wirelessly?    or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm using Windows 10 on my laptop and using the TR 4520 wirelessly

Hi mwalla19,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon TR4500 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all TR4500's are removed.

5.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

6.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

7.  Click once on "Canon TR4500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

9.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "TR4500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "md__-win-tr4500-1_01-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The situation seems to have stopped on its own.  we have used the printer several times since my initial post and it has ceased printing out old jobs.  i will keep these instructions in my files in case it starts up again.

Announcements