PIXMA G3202 Conversion to Sublimation

ttsanders1
Apprentice

Hello! Can the pixma g3202 series be converted into sublimation 

5 REPLIES 5

normadel
Authority
Authority

What do you mean by "converted into sublimation"? Are you wanting to printing sublimation heat transfers?

Sublimation dye transfers are made with transfer paper and sublimation-capable inks. It does not require any "conversion" of the printer.

Okay! And yes I’m wanting to do heat transfers and the such, but it only lets me print 8x11 and I need the images to be larger. Is there a way to change the margins?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Max paper size supported is 
8.5 x 11.7

If you need bigger than that, you'll need another printer.  

The printer supports borderless printing, but some papers limit the printable area.  Paper types which do not support borderless printing: Envelope, High Resolution Paper, T-Shirt Transfer, Photo Stickers. 

If you select one of the above paper types you cannot print borderless.  Hope that helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kathypatm
Apprentice

The Canon Pixma G3202 is not designed or intended to be used as a sublimation printer. While it may be possible to convert it into a sublimation printer, doing so may require significant modification and void the printer's warranty.

Sublimation printing requires specialized ink and paper and specific heat and pressure settings to transfer the ink onto a substrate. If you are interested in sublimation printing, it may be best to consider purchasing a printer that is specifically designed for this purpose.

Keep in mind that sublimation printing can be a complex and costly process and requires additional equipment and supplies beyond just the printer. It may be helpful to do some research and consult with a professional or experienced sublimation printer before investing in the equipment.

You are confusing the simple act of MAKING a sublimation heat transfer, which is simply printing the right ink on the right paper, with APPLYING transfers to something, like cloth. 

Announcements