Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS D480 Setting MF Toolbox Threshold

longbid
Contributor

Hello,

I have a Canon D480 on Windows 7 using Omni Page 18..1

When I bring up the toolbox and check the threshold I am always at 72.

I want a deeper scan somewhere in the 120-140 range.

I also scan legal and letter sizes through the ADF.

I can set the threshold manually for a certain size and it stays but when I switch to another

paper size it defaults back to 72.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I do have to set the machine to USB scanning mode before I use the application.It seems to default to network scan,(very silly default)

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Longbid!

I understand that this issue is frustrating.  You can save the [Threshold] setting under [Favorite Settings] of the ScanGear MF Tool.  When you select "Advanced Mode",  click the drop-down for [Favorite Settings], then select "User Defined".  Adjust the settings and then click the green [Scan] button.  Now, whenever you scan, select "User Defined" and you should only have to change the paper size.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK -CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Have a good day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patricia,

Thanks for the effort but this is what I have now.

Whenever I change the paper size I default back to 72 (even though the advanced states user-defined).

Oh well just a thought.

Maybe the coders can come up with a better Toolbox.

Cordially,

Mike

This still does not work.  You would think that it would have been fixed by 2021 (since the answer is from 2014).  A threshold of 72 doesn't scan jack.  The lines on my papers, the words I have written...all disappear when I scan at this level.  Could you please, Please, PLEASE fix this?  And only one setting?  "User Defined"?  How about letting us save different settings for different jobs? (Brother has this, though they started forcing dates or numbers at the end of file names, so I bought Canon thinking you wouldn't insist on adding something to the end of the file names but, alas, I was wrong...a third party software allows me to name the file what I want to without adding extra stuff to the end...another issue Canon and Brother need to address.)  

Please, for the love of Pete, start making user-friendly interfaces.  Sheesh.

Announcements