cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Won't print

Canonispoor
Occasional Contributor

I have a Canon Pixma MG5450S - this also won't print. A number of support (!!!) messages have appeared, B200, paper jam, printhead problem - right now I can't even get the machine to turn on - all a pack of lies, of course. I've wasted a day in vain attempts with the usual 'fixes' - all useless.  It is clear from my own experience with Canon printer number 2 and the scores of complaints within this forum that Canon printers have built-in obsolescence. I understand that a 'class action' was undertaken in the USA on this issue. What was the result? What reparation are Canon making to customers in the UK who have the misfortune to have bought self-evidently defective machines? A response before I head off to PC World to buy a replacement - it won't be a Canon - would be welcomed.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Canonispoor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Danny,

I appreciate that you're an apologist for Canon. So what are you telling me. Canon offload malfunctioning machines to the UK market? Surely not!

Canonispoor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Danny,

I've used the link -  a very pretty website but nowhere to challenge Canon in respect of the malfunctioning printer. Can I assume that Canon is too ashamed of its products to offer customer support or any kind of after sales service?

If you purchased your printer in the United Kingdom, you'll need to direct your support inquiries to our colleagues at Canon UK at https://www.canon.co.uk

Have a great day!

Canonispoor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Danny, for the link. You know it takes Canon Customer Support in the UK four-five days to even respond. Pathetic, isn't it? I hope you have a better day than me. Maybe I'll cheer up when I've bought the Epson printer recommended by the Canon Community in the US!