cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUN DLL error on bootup

mcgunner
Apprentice

Get following on bootup: There was a problem starting C:\Users\Rocky\cnmss. The specified module could not be found.

I am using a Canon MG5500/5220. Am very frustrated with this issue as I have tried numerous recommended fixes from online resources, to no solution.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 3277 AIO with Intel Core i5-7200U CPU @ 2.20 GHz. System has 8 GB RAM. I am running Windows 10 Pro.

I have tried autoruns program and did not resolve the problem.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, mcgunner!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of Windows you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

See edited post.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Windows OS..

See this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

You can use this utility to see what program is calling this .DLL at boot.

Disable or delete from Task Manager > Start Up Tab or in MSCONFIG

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

raulraouls
Apprentice

this solution didn't work. It for sure hasn't helped poster either as he already stated that he had tried the common solutions. Too bad he didn't post that and what did help.
Autoruns doesn't find any cnmss and 2 Canon items. Of those it cannot enable 1 and disable the other nor delete any of them.

Announcements