cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from a cassette tray instead of the rear tray on a TS8320 printer.

patrick5
Apprentice

Hello:  I have a Canon TS 8320 printer, which has 2 paper trays. I was able to print from the cassette tray from my computer (MacBook Pro), but now it is only printing from the rear tray. Does anyone know how to do a reset on this?

I have done everything I can do with the settings on my computer, with no luck.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi patrick5,

The source the that paper is fed from is controlled in the Print settings.  Please open an item to print.

Click on File and then Print.

Next, we need to see details.  At the bottom, if you see "Show details", click it.  If you see "Hide details", go to next step.

Once we are in the details view, click the drop down box in the middle of the page and select Media & Quailty.

Choose your desired paper source from the "Feed from" drop down box; Main tray or Rear tray.

FF.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi patrick5,

The source the that paper is fed from is controlled in the Print settings.  Please open an item to print.

Click on File and then Print.

Next, we need to see details.  At the bottom, if you see "Show details", click it.  If you see "Hide details", go to next step.

Once we are in the details view, click the drop down box in the middle of the page and select Media & Quailty.

Choose your desired paper source from the "Feed from" drop down box; Main tray or Rear tray.

FF.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My same problem happens from the copy mode - prints to rear only.  The only selections in the menu are "auto" and "rear".  There is no access to the rear do to printer location.  How do I select front cassette?  Did a firmware update eliminate the front option.  Now the printer is "again" unusable.   First time was the worthless paper detect/computer software  issue.  JUST LET THE PRINTERS PRINT!!!!!!!!!

This is great if you actually want to print from the rear tray, but if you want to print from the main tray there's no way to change the option. I've put my settings as print from auto and also tried print from main tray. Both settings still try to get my document to print from the rear tray. I get an error message from my printer every time. Why would the printer default to rear tray only? 

Sorry, don't see an Accept as Solution button but this did work! Thank you!

My same problem happens from the copy mode - prints to rear only. The only selections in the menu are "auto" and "rear". There is no access to the rear do to printer location. How do I select front cassette?

The Selected Solution only works one way. Not for copies usnig the cassette. if you want to print from the cassette there's no way to change the option.

I am using to copy, not from my PC. The printer's front panel should allow me to press a button and make a copy, no?

The Canoon TR8620 is struggling to find paper. There is no reason whatsoever why I should not be able to print a simple black and white copy with the press of a button, maybe two.

The printer wants paper from the area where there is no paper and I am not given the option to choose the cassette or the printer is not smart enough to look in the other tray. I've put my settings as print from auto and also tried print from main tray. Both settings still try to get my document to print from the rear tray. I get an error message from my printer every time. Why would the printer default to rear tray only?

Hi,

Please try the following: 

1. With the printer powered on and displaying the HOME screen, tap the Setup icon.
  2. Tap Feed settings.
  3. In Feed settings select paper mismatch and turn setting to off
  4. Go back to home screen and try to copy. 

Thank you Arthur J.!!

This actually worked! But this makes no sense! Totally NOT user friendly!  This wasted a LOT of my time.

Whomever wrote the original software needs to try again! Write the settings properly.

Thank you again

Announcements