cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing a photo on 8x11 paper in lower cassette

samma2327
Contributor

I am trying to print a binder cover sheet that has a photo on it along with type.  It is 8x11 regular printer paper and using the lower cassette.  It prints the type but the photo will not print.  I have put in new ink cartridges.  HELP!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, samma2327!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

samma2327
Contributor
MX922 is model
I ran all tools after installing new ink cartridges

Hi samma2327,

Please print the nozzle check pattern to determine whether the ink is ejecting properly from the print head. To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MX922 is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

3.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

4.  To print the nozzle check pattern:

4-1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

4-2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK.

4-3.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-4.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-5.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

If they differ, perform a few cleanings.  Please perform the following steps to perform a Cleaning:

1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK.

3.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

4.  Select Cleaning and press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Yes.

The cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?

MX922 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

samma2327
Contributor
As I said I ran all of the diagnostics

Hi samma2327,

Did the test page that you printed match the example that I provided?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

samma2327
Contributor
Yes

Hi samma2327,

since the nozzle check printed correctly, I will need to gather some more information. Please reply with the answers to the following:

• Are you using Windows or Mac?
  • What program are you using to print the cover sheet that has a photo on it?
  • Is the file saved as a doc, pdf or jpeg?

We look forward to your reply.

samma2327
Contributor
Windows
Word
It's not saved just printed
I also saved it and same thing
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements