cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer died. Can I return it to Canon for recycling?

JeffConklin
Apprentice

I have a 6-year old Pixma MG7720 that works perfectly, except that the printer recently started insisting that "the type of print head is incorrect" (Support Code 1403), which seems unlikely since its print head worked great for 6 years. I've tried all the repair measures suggested in this community forum, but the few that worked only fixed the problem for a few weeks, and now none of them work any more. Sigh.

How do I return the printer to Canon? (I'll pay for the shipping.)

PS I'm one of these people who think that the only sustainable way to recycle a complex product is to return it to the manufacturer for dismantling and responsible reuse/recycling. All the other approaches risk exporting it as electronic junk to be melted down in some country that doesn't have (or enforce) laws for managing the toxic results.

3 REPLIES 3

CariM
Contributor

Did you try a new print head? Sorry new here & haven’t seen previous posts.

normadel
Authority
Authority

What leads you to believe the manufacturer would dispose of it differently than a recycler does? If, that is, any manufacturers take old equipment off your hands?

In my town there is a reuse-recycle business that breaks down unsellable junk computers so the motherboards can be sold/recycled as electronic waste. The rest is metal and plastic junk which is sold for a much lower price to a recycler who is "supposedly" handling it responsibly.. They do not do any thing with printers....they are scrapped whole.

Popo_Lino
Contributor

I am very much tired of these printers. It constantly breaks, consumes very fast cartridges, and consumes a lot of electricity. I gave it to zerowastegroup.co.uk, they will recycle it and hope to make something of it useful. Did good to the world, recycled the printer, and saved on electricity. About your problem. I don’t know, I had Toshiba and I gave it to another firm.

Announcements