cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ip8720 Black prints have noticeable black lines going though it

Dgsstan
Apprentice

Hello,

I just purchased pixma ip8720 printer connected everything and performed alignment. When I printer Ed a test image I noticed on black part of the image there are lines going through. Please see image to know what I’m talking about. It’s hard to noticed only viable when looking at dark area at direct light.

I tried performing alignment again but that did not solve anything. Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue or did I get a bad printer?

thank you

37056A91-3ED6-4CBB-AEED-E2915A48D589.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You can try a bottom plate cleaning inside your printer. Please click HERE for the steps. 

If this does not resolve the issue and the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements