cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP110: Possible to direct (USB) connect to iPhone? Or, how to print on the road w/o wifi?

mobilefred
Apprentice

I got the iP110, but now am wondering if I didn't understand the idea behind it.

If I get a USB Type B adapter, can I connect my iPhone directly, and print from it?

I need the ability to log into a website from the road (so no wifi) and print forms that are generated on the website.  I can't quite tell yet if this is already possible, but it doesn't seem like it (since my iPhone would be connecting to the iP110's network, and not the net).

So I need to connect to both the internet via wireless carrier, and the iP110.  Possible?

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi mobilefred,

I'm afraid that no drivers have been developed for mobile devices so, while it may be possible to connect to an iPhone with a USB cable, there would be no way for the two to communicate.

The PIXMA iP110 does have Access Point Mode, which does allow for communication by the Canon PRINT Inkjet/Selphy app, though this would restrict any internet connection.  I regret any inconvenience.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response.

Do you know if an iphone can connect to the printer via bluetooth?

Hi mobilefred,

I'm afraid not.  The interfaces for this model include: USB, wireless LAN with a router, and Access Point Mode.  It can also print wirelessly from a PictBridge-enabled camera.  Bluetooth is an uncommon connection type for printers, although a few models do have that option.  Unfortunately, none of our mobile printers include Bluetooth.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements