cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 Printing Horizontal White Lines in Photos from Mac

sweetbayfarm
Apprentice

My MX922 recently started printing Horizontal White Lines in photos from my iMac a couple of weeks ago.  I Deep Cleaned the printer head multiple times, and even manually took it out and cleaned it, and I manually aligned the Print Head.  It still generated the White Lines.  The printer check page prints perfectly.

This morning, I decided to try to print a photo from my iPad using AirPrint.  the full page photo printed perfectly - no White lines!  I then got out my MacBook - the White lines appeared in photos printed from it as well.  This is happening via USB or Wi-Fi and from any software I print photos from.  I deleted the Canon printer drivers from my iMac and reinstalled the latest version - it didn’t help.  

iMac is running macOS Monterey 12.2.1 and MacBook is running macOS Big Sur 11.6.4, so it is happening from multiple versions of macOS.

Any ideas on what the cause might be?  Has anyone else experienced this?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sweetbayfarm,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click on the Canon MX922 on the left side and click [-] at the bottom to remove it.

4.  Repeat until all PIXMA MX922's are removed.

5.  Click on the [+].  The Add Printer window will open.

6.  In the list that appears, 2 Canon MX920's may appear.  Click on the listing that lists "Bonjour Multifunction".

7.  Click Add.

Once the printer is reinstalled, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

n1sunrider
Apprentice

I’m having the exact same problem with my canon ts8220.  I also cleaned the heads multiple times.  Only happens with my Mac.  Works fine from our phones and iPad.

Announcements