cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS7720 Auto Power On Not Working

Katman2264
Contributor

Printer is less than a month old.  The auto power on feature on TS7720 worked for the first two days, now it does not. The setting in the ECO section are set to "auto power off" 30 min. "auto power on" enable.  The printer is connected wireless to home network.  The printer will not respond to auto power on.  I have reloaded the drivers to no avail.  Is there some other setting that overrides the auto power on feature.

Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information:
• Do you see any error messages?
• Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?
• How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Katman2264
Contributor

The printer is connected wireless to home network.  The printer does not respond to win 10 PC nor IPad nor Android phones unless I press the power button on the panel.

Katman2264
Contributor

I contacted Canon Support and it was suggested that I disable IPV6.  I did this and shut down the printer.  Then I sent a job to the printer and it woke on it's own.  Appears the disabling IPV6 fixed the problem.

Katman2264
Contributor

I spoke too soon.  The above change did not fix the problem.  After a few hours, such as overnight to auto power does not awaken the printer.  The original problem still exists!

Katman2264
Contributor

What the heck is going on?  Once again I contacted Canon Tech Support to discuss this issue.  The tech instructed me to set auto power off to never.  She told me that once the printer powers off the auto power on would not turn it on.  I asked what the heck the auto power on was for and did not receive an answer before the line was cut off.  I guess that is a mystery.  I hope other folks get better responses from Canon Support than I got.

Announcements