cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 How to only use black ink

Sparky413
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a TS3500 series printer, and I was wondering if there is a setting to go to so I only use the black ink cartridge? I will always print B & W but the printer continues to use the color ink cartridges as well. I only need to print in black and white and don’t understand why it has to use color ink as well? Thanks for any information provided.

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the exact TS3500 series printer model number.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you

Thanks! No, this isn’t time sensitive, just curious if there is a way to only use black ink, or is it predisposed to use both inks so you’ll have to eventually buy both regardless if you only print in black and white. The printer in the TS3522.

Hi,

If you are printing from a Windows computer, you can configure the driver to print black ink only. Please click HERE for more information. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, but I generally print from my iPad, sometimes an iPhone. Do you know if there is a way to configure black only through the iPad? I have tried looking but to no avail.

Hi,

There is no option on iOS devices to set the printer to use the Black ink only. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements