cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4720 Cannot print from the internet

Lorelai2023
Apprentice

I JUST purchased a TR4720 2 days ago.  I have set it up, it is connected to my computer and prints fine if I am printing something from the drive.  Running Windows 10.  I tried to print a payment receipt from the internet today and it will not print.  I went through the process of connecting my WIFI and it still will not print from internet.  I have the USB cable plugged as well.  I have been at this for over 2 hours and getting extremely frustrated.  Reading Manual is not helping. Any ideas before I return this printer?

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Lorelai2023!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A printer (any) will happily print whatever is on your screen. It doesn't care if its a file on your computer or the image of a receipt displaying on a webpage. 

Are you trying to print a file (example .pdf or .docx) or the image of a receipt displaying on a website?

Once the file is open or displaying, press ctrl+p.  A print dialog will appear.  Ensure your printer is selected as the destination. In this example, I am printing the community webpage of your post.  If it were a receipt, it would print that.

shadowsports_0-1701446840214.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That's what I have been doing - everything you have suggested - dialog box comes up on my computer screen- indicating printer is not connected.  Try to run through the troubleshooter - still saying not connected.  The new printer is selected as my default printer so it should show up in my printer box.  HOWEVER, I will double check that when I get home to make sure the old printer is not coming up instead.  I'm pretty computer savvy so kinda frustrated. Thank you for your help.

Shadowsports:

You said  "A printer (any) will happily print whatever is on your screen. It doesn't care if its a file on your computer or the image of a receipt displaying on a webpage."

I'm here to tell you that is not necessarily an absolute.

I have an Image Class MF8350 multifunction laser printer which is at least 12 years old and still works beautifully. For a long time it would not print from Web pages from any browser. Print jobs would just "disappear" when told to print. No sign from the printer that it received anything or that Windows sent anything.

Canon showed a Service Pack along with the driver/software.  Whatever it did was unknown. I decided to install it, and GUESS WHAT? It fixed the non-printing-from browsers problem. 

I have been sure to install the Service Pack from my saved copy ever since on numerous computers.

I'm lucky I saved it, as it and the drivers for this printer do not appear to be available at Canon Support anymore.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,  

Your posts are contradictory.  The first post says "its connected and printing".  Then you say its offline and you cannot print.  

Please share information about your environment.  Was a printer replaced, or was a new one added?

While you can have more than one printer, brand / model installed, there is no reason to keep the instance of an old printer installed, if its no longer present or going to be used.

The TR4720 supports USB and wi-fi connectivity.  You can only use one.  You'll need to pick the connection method you will use. For reference, the printer supports 2.4Ghz wireless and WPA2 encryption.

Once you confirm and decide this, you'll need to start over.  Unplug the USB cable from the computer.  Decide which connection which connection type you will use.  

Remove the printer in Control Panel > Device and Printers , Right-click on the printer and select remove device

Now visit Control Panel > Program and Features.  Uninstall all canon software and drivers for the TR4720.

Important - Restart your PC

Next download the printer and scanner driver for Windows 10.  Note, the downloads for the printer are missing at the moment.

Canon Support for PIXMA TR4720 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Should be:

shadowsports_2-1701536713144.png

Currently Missing:

shadowsports_3-1701536752808.png

I'll contact a mod to get this fixed and update the post when this is done.

Now you will perform the installation again.  Run the installer, follow the prompts and connect the printer to Wi-Fi or USB.  If you decide to use USB, do not connect the printer to the computer until prompted to do so.

I'll update this post as soon as the downloads are fixed / available.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I got it working when I got home yesterday. Thanks again for your help.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Glad to hear it.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements