cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4520 Error 2110 "The size/type of loaded paper is different from the print settings"

pwrichcreek
Enthusiast

TR4520

I'm trying to scan to 8-1/2x11 paper, which I have loaded into the cassette. The BLOW-BY-BLOW below is rather long-winded, so let me summarize:

* I can't figure out how to clear the error 2110 "The size/type of loaded paper is different from the print settings"
* It's important that I send a copy of the document to a third party; I need to retain the original so I can't send it.
* A pdf created by the Canon scan-to-pdf utility is able to print it on the same printer that is unable to scan it.

THE BLOW-BY-BLOW
SEE END OF POST FOR IMAGES
printer error 2110
* Display says "copy/100% letter
* Cassette has 8-12x11
* Press black scan
* Printer displays
"The size/type of loaded paper is different from the print settings" 2110. Underneath [OK]Select Option.I guess that means to press OK?
*Press OK
Now is says "Select Option", underneath that "replace the paper"
I already have 8-1/2x11 in the cassettte but I pull out the tray and shove it back in. I see that the Stop LED is lit. I don't know when it appeared or what I am supposed to do about it.

*So I press stop.
Display says "wait a minute", so I do.
tick-tock tick-tock
* display says "copy/100% letter"
Hmmm. Deja Vu all over again?

* Power OFF/ON
display says "copy/100% letter"
Haven't we been here before?

* power OFF
unplug.
wait a couple minutes.
plug in.
power ON
display says "copy/100% letter"
press black scan.

RECURRING DISPLAY SHOWING 100% LETTER

printer display 2110 2.jpg

ERROR MESSAGE DISPLAY

printer display 2110 1.jpg

TIA for your help.
pwrichcreek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pwrichcreek
Enthusiast

I contacted an "expert" via canon support chat. He provided a Knowledge Base article that essentially recommended the steps that I had already taken as reported here. I was about to respond back to the expert to tell him that the KB article didn't resolve the issue, when I decided to recreate the scenario just to be certain whether I had indeed done the steps from the KB article and--SURPRISE, IT PRINTED. No 2110.

I specuating the when I had repeated the steps to document them here, I felt I didn't need to see whether they resolved the issue. Apparently they did.

For the record here's a link to the KB article.
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162469

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pwrichcreek
Enthusiast

I contacted an "expert" via canon support chat. He provided a Knowledge Base article that essentially recommended the steps that I had already taken as reported here. I was about to respond back to the expert to tell him that the KB article didn't resolve the issue, when I decided to recreate the scenario just to be certain whether I had indeed done the steps from the KB article and--SURPRISE, IT PRINTED. No 2110.

I specuating the when I had repeated the steps to document them here, I felt I didn't need to see whether they resolved the issue. Apparently they did.

For the record here's a link to the KB article.
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162469

rsamaco
Apprentice

Delete the printer from your settings and then re-install it.

that will clear the error 2110

just delete the Canon printer with the error and then re-install it back. Case solved.

Announcements