cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Shadows in MS PowerPoint not Printing

brownrme3
Apprentice

First time user with forum, longtime user of Canon Pixma MX922. Now using new Pixma TS8320.

Problem: When using Powerpoint for craft-oriented artwork and text, I can add shadows via "Shape Effects" to my page. Sometimes I add shadows to my text as well. It shows correctly on my screen. However, when I print, neither my preview or printed page display the shadows.

• When I had the MX922, this problem didn't occur as long as I selected:
    • Printer Properties: Photo Printing
    • Media Type: Some kind of photo paper (usually Matte)
    • Print Quality: High
  • With the TS8320:
    • I've tried the same, as well as selecting Cardstock (which automatically changes the print quality to High...but no shadows showing on preview or printed page.
    • I also have made sure the settings on the printer screen and my PPT selections match.

I've reached the limits of my tech savvyness and haven't been able to find an answer online to my problems. To ensure you understand what I'm trying to do, I've included an image below.

I'm really hoping someone out there can help me with what seems like it should be a simple solution that I'm just missing somehow. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Problem with Shadows and Printing.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oh my goodness! I feel like I should be doing the Homer Simpson "D'OH" head slap.

I didn't realize there was another location I could select High Quality, having already selected it in so many other locations!

Thanks so much!!! I knew it had to be something simple but couldn't put my finger on it.

MB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I've successfully reproduced the problem and have the fix.

How you solve it depends on the version of Office Suite.  

I am using 2016.  By default PP does not select "High Quality" for ptinting.  This omits shadows and drop shading.  

Here I have created a shape with perspective shadow

shape perspective shadow.png

Here is this slide in print preview.  No shadow is displayed.

no shade.png

And now the fix.  Select "High Quality".  The shadow now appears in print preview and will also print.

HQ Fix.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Oh my goodness! I feel like I should be doing the Homer Simpson "D'OH" head slap.

I didn't realize there was another location I could select High Quality, having already selected it in so many other locations!

Thanks so much!!! I knew it had to be something simple but couldn't put my finger on it.

MB

Announcements