cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX920 Won't Scan After Computer Upgrade, Print OK

moiracleary
Contributor

I love this printer and use the scanner feature quite often.  Just upgraded to new computer.  reloaded printer software from internet.  Printing is fine.  but nothing with scanner.  Cannon my garden the scanner cannot be highlighted.

[Personal contact info removed per forum guidelines.]

Please help

11 REPLIES 11

Danny

Hi, moiracleary!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

moiracleary
Contributor

I have windows 10 

moiracleary
Contributor

Any suggestions?

Hi moiracleary,

Please follow these steps:

1.  On your computer, please click the Windows button in the lower left corner of your screen or press the Windows key on your keyboard.

2.  In the menu that appears, please click on the Canon Utilities folder.

3.  In that folder, please click on the IJ Scan Utility to open that program.

4.  Click the PHOTO button on the IJ Scan Utility.

Are you able to scan?

If not, do you get an error?

If you get an error, what is the error code that appears at the bottom of the error message box?

Are you using your PIXMA MX922 wirelessly?
or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I use a usb to connect.  Windows 10.  When I click on Cannon Utilities - there is no  IJ Scan Utility to open 

Can you just send the link to correct

howellad
Apprentice

I am having the same issue and there is no IJ scan utility to access as you described in your directions.  HELP

my printer is a MX920 and have recently upgraded to window 10 and now cannot scan with this printer

moiracleary
Contributor

I did find a solution but not as easy.  Go to settings,  go to printer, go to manage printer. Tell it to scan

Hi,

IJ Scan Utility should install with the MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01. This file can be found on HERE on the Canon website. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements