cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX870 says paper is jammed but there is no paper in it

fiveaugers
Apprentice

I keep getting an error message that says the rear paper is jammed. There is no paper in the machine anywhere. This printer is only a month old.

74 REPLIES 74

You SAID IT!!!! I love Love LOve EPSON. God Bless EPSON And HP. Nothing but problems everytime I get a canon printer, WHy have I not learned?? why !!???????????????????????????????????? I have a 8 year old Hp that is chugging along with not one problem, even broke a part on it my own doing right when I got it and it still kept working.

wednesdaytgw
Contributor

same problem, MG7720

problem is, I had planned my next printer won't be another canon and I just spend money on new cartridges... this printer has had more problems with paper jams than any previous printer... and has more problems with limited paper sizes

my old PIXMA could print anything, this one... I spend too much time researching problems. Today, the microsoft notification was opening again and again, every ten seconds so I finally turned the notification off

**bleep**, what a choice... more years of struggling with the printer or waste the cartridges I just put in it and have have for my next use. It's old enough it is out of warranty and probably not worth paying to repair.  

printer is old enough I don't mind replacing it but, how to shop for a similar printer I can use my current cartridges in?

Hi,

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

They would also be able to check if any of the printers in the upgrade program can use the same ink that you already have.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Thank you, I will save that info

tried printer the next day, I was not able to see a deposit slip ( the paper I was trying to print) with a flashlight, all trays out, turning the printer upside down... I really searched for paper... 

turned it on the next day thought I would give it one more try and it started up and spit out an unprinted deposit slip....

**bleep**, why wouldn't it do that earlier? and, wasn't  jammed was it?

so, now it is happy....

Q, how do I remove paper I can't see? where was it?

and how do I print a small paper?

one of my disappointments with this printer, with my old PIXMA, any size paper went into the upright (if I remember correctly)  paper feed and went through the printer without a problem... Several people I know purchased one because I made forms for them for various work needs and my printer would handle it

I could print small envelopes, deposit slips, gift tags... anything

I can't remember every spending as much time trying to remove jammed paper as I have with the MG7720... prints beautifully, when it will print 

can't figure out how to shop for a printer what is more accommodating and

how to not waste expensive cartridges when it is time to change to a new printer

can you advise? it would be helpful...  Thanks

wednesdaytgw
Contributor

Weird, received a notification of a new post on this topic yesterday, after I spent time, once again, pulling paper out of the printer... I imagine canon would say, printer is old at this point but, it was doing this in early days too. Not sure why I received a notification of a new entry on this discussion

I have a newer HP stashed under the desk, a gift from a friend who didn't want it. For free, I'll give it a try, but, HP would not have been my next purchase, I moved from HP to canon after a very disappointing (think, what the hell?) series of conversations with "support"  LOVED my fist canon

sigh.... 

combine that with MS's decaying effectiveness, colors not as accurate as they used be be in publishers

I give up

I can't make a living wasting product Trying to adjust what used to work, easily.... 

so, how do I opt out of this ages old discussion board with no assistance from canon? 

oh, and plenty of laughs about the difficulty getting cartridges ordered... 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements