cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX870 says paper is jammed but there is no paper in it

fiveaugers
Apprentice

I keep getting an error message that says the rear paper is jammed. There is no paper in the machine anywhere. This printer is only a month old.

74 REPLIES 74

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hello fiveaugers!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which model printer you own. That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with paper jam troubleshooting and suggestions specific to your printer model.

Thanks!

Hi, me too!  I'd like to be included in the answer to  "fiveaugers"  question.

I have a PIXMA MX870 and have the following message:

"ERROR"

"Paper Output Slot"

The paper is jammed"

"Clear the paper and press OK"

There is no paper in the machine.  I've pressed "OK" numerous times.  I've even unplugged the printer from the wall outlet  ...  still have the same message.

One of the unfortunate side affects to this, is that it has locked the printer in print mode, and I can't access any of the other features (FAX, Copy, Scan).

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Understood.  I've done that a couple times.  I also called the "Contact Us" folks and got the name of a Canon Authorized repair facility here, in Tucson.

Taking it in Monday  ...  I'll let the Forum know the diagnosis.

Ron

Sadness  ...  it's terminal.  

"Fiveaugers" never identified his model, so this may not apply to him ...

As I stated on Sunday's post, I was going to take it in to a Canon Authorized repair facility.  They just called me.

The manufacture of replacement parts for the MX870 has been discontinued.  In my case, the problem was a bad pressue roller.  Being MD'd, the repair facility cannot get the part.  They told me Canon has offered me an upgrade to a newer model.  I can get a factory referbished unit or a new unit.  Being a cheap so 'n so, I ordered the factory referbished unit.

Good luck "Fiveaugers"

I've tried all solutions but paper jam error message lamp still blinking
I have CANON i-sensys MF217w
Thanks

hi there i@ve got a canon mg3053 and its two weeks since I purchased it it was working fine the went to print this morning and it was flashing with the alarm paper jam but theres nothing in the printer and its been switched off for two hours but as soon as I put back on it alarms with the same problem please can you advise me on this problem?

Hi, stevecooke!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

I don't see a "Contact Us" link below.

Announcements