cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5420 Printer only prints a portion of the photo or document

schmidt408
Apprentice

Attempting to print photos or documents is getting very frustrating - only a portion of the print job is being printed.

The LAN Details on the printer are the following:

• Connection: Active
  • Communication Mode: Infrastructure
  • Channel: 1
  • Encryption: AES
  • WEP Key Length: Inactive
  • Authentication: WPA2-PSK
  • Signal Strength: 81%

The machine doing the printing is:

Asus Notebook U52F

• 4 GB RAM
  • 64-bit OS
  • Intel i5 CPU - 2.53 GHz
  • Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Printing from applications such as MS Word 2010, Adobe PDF Reader XI, and Canon Quick Menu

Router, Printer and Laptop are all within 10-15 feet of each other on the same floor.  Any suggestions on how to fix this and prevent additional paper waste?  

If any additional information is needed please let me know.  Much appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kahveen
Enthusiast

Hi schmidt408,

As I understand that only a portion of your print is printed out.

Kindly advise whether does this also occur when your perform a photocopy function without the help of your computer?

Best Regards,

KahVeen

schmidt408
Apprentice
Thanks for your reply, KahVeen. Photocopy function works fine.

Hi schmidt408,

Thanks for your respond.

If the photocopy function is normal then you can be assured that the printer is working as per normal.

Have you tried printing from a different computer or a different file? what is the outcome?

Best Regards,

KahVeen

Thanks for the follow-up KahVeen - as mentioned, tech support gave me a few things to adjust and so far so good. thx

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Contacted Tech Support and couple adjustments were made - so far so good ...
Announcements