cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3500 Ink Cartridge Compatibility

ceria1
Apprentice

I have a Canon 3500 mg pixma printer in Mexico that I purchased at a Same Club a few years ago. I'm trying to locate replacement cartridges for this unit. It came with 140xl and 141xl cartridges but I can't find them anywhere in Mexico or here in the states, is there a compatible cartridge.? I have a feeling it's the same unit as the 3600 available here..Need help on this so I can order and bring down with me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MG3500 series was produced and intended for sale in Malaysia.

It uses PG-240, and CL-241. You can order on Amazon and elsewhere.

shadowsports_0-1668953790403.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Arthur

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

I do understand that but I am in the US and trying to find something that is compatible with that unit. I believe the 3600 pixma sold here is the same ..Just hoping someone can tell me if this is the case

Ink is region specific. It wouldn't be compatible if you were to buy ink meant for a US (or any other) model. You'd have to get ink that is meant for that printer specifically.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MG3500 series was produced and intended for sale in Malaysia.

It uses PG-240, and CL-241. You can order on Amazon and elsewhere.

shadowsports_0-1668953790403.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Stephen,

Thanks for that information.

My typical advice is telling people to buy printers in the country where they will reside. I cannot tell you the number of users who have paid to ship their US printers to a location while they are temporarily living abroad only to then realize their plug isn't correct and/or they cannot find or buy inks.

So back to my original suggestion. Buy a printer where you will reside. It will have the proper power connection, and you can buy ink easily. When you are ready to come home, donate it to a church or school.

Everyone wins!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you,

My problem is I can't seem to find it when I'm down there. I bought the printer at a local Same club when they were plentiful in the area I live in but when I was there last summer couldn't find the ink listed on the box anywhere, even on Amazon Mexico which is why I was asking. It's also not just a temporary location, it's where I live half the year..thank you for clearing that up for me. I just want to have ink for when I return in a few weeks ..It was either ask here or buy a new printer:-)

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I understand. I've never tried to use the correct ink for a printer purchased or intended for sale in another region, so I have no idea what works, but Stephen said it doesn't (above). All of my experience has been with colleagues who have temporarily lived abroad (1~2 years) and have had "finding ink" issues or whose AC adapted plugs didn't work as expected. (Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, etc.).

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements