cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Chromebook Setup

jade25bowman
Apprentice

I bought a Canon MG2522 so I could print school work. I use a Chromebook laptop. The disc that came with the printer I can't view because my laptop doesn't have that feature. I'v been trying to set my printer up and it won't let me. All online files that can be downloaded are for Mac's or Windows and mine uses neither. I've also tried to set it up manually and I can't get it. If someone could help me with this I will be very grateful. I don't want to have to return it back to the store.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The issue you are experiencing is related to your operating system, not your Canon device. 

Set up your printer - Chromebook Help (google.com)

Unfortunately, Chrome OS has limited hardware support.  Its more of an experiment or toy.  It holds just 0.42 percent of the desktop OS market share worldwide.  You'd be better served using a PC that runs windows or mac os in the long run.  You'll avoid these types of headaches.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jade25bowman,

The MG2522 is compatible with Mac and Windows computers and was not designed for use with a Chromebook. We do have models that will work but the MG2522 is not one of them. The MG2522 is usually sold through Wal-Mart and two current models at Wal-Mart that will work would be the TS3322 and the TS3522.

kenzieward
Apprentice

I'm going through the exact same thing. I've tried everything, but still nothing. I had no idea how much it takes to set up a dang WIRED printer. Nor did i have any idea the printer wouldn't be compatible with my chromebook. Surely there's a way around all this mess.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I really don't want to return the printer for a different one. 

Announcements