PIXMA G7020: Unable to scan documents

Braswellcrew23
Contributor

I want to return this printer. It is ridiculous how many times I have had to download drivers and it is a constant fight to scan documents!!!! Someone email me on how to return!!!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we'll need some additional information about what is happening when you're scanning documents. How are you connecting? Which operating system is running on your computer? (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version)  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Braswellcrew23
Contributor

Windows and WIFI. I follow the instructions online that bounce back and forth. I have downloaded drivers' multiple times. I am over the extra steps it takes...when I need this printer/scanner I do not have time to fight. Please provide guidance on how to return it...not even had it a year. 

@Braswellcrew23 wrote:

Windows and WIFI. I follow the instructions online that bounce back and forth. I have downloaded drivers' multiple times. I am over the extra steps it takes...when I need this printer/scanner I do not have time to fight. Please provide guidance on how to return it...not even had it a year. 

Register your product and contact Canon for support.

Canon Support for PIXMA G7020 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Braswellcrew23
Contributor

Braswellcrew23_0-1720893194783.png

Braswellcrew23
Contributor

It's BEEN registered- even your overall website doesn't work or track things properly

Please note, John is not a Canon USA employee, he's a member just like you. Hence why he offered the option to register, since he doesn't know if you are registered or not. As for returns, you would have to look at the return policy for where the printer was purchased from for guidance.

Hope this clarifies! 

Braswellcrew23
Contributor

Guidance given was I would have to go directly to Canon- from Office Depot receipt. So here I am

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sorry you are having a unsatisfactory experience with your printer.  Lets put this to rest.  

If you'd like to receive support, your product has to be registered. The G7020 has a 1 yr warranty from Canon.  If you are having issues with registration, or need support assistance, you will need to contact support.  If there is a registration issue, they can help you resolve it. 

1-800-652-2666

If you'd like to return your product, you will need to contact the place of purchase.  You indicated Office Depot.  This is their return policy, > 90 days.

Return Policy | Office Depot

The Canon Community is a user to user forum.  We are fellow users like yourself.  We are happy to try and help you, but if you want or need official support, you will need to contact Canon.  Like those of us here, Canon Reps are very helpful and friendly.

I think John and I can probably help you solve your issues.  They appear to be related to wireless connectivity and communication.  If you want our help, I'll have some questions for you.  If not, I think calling Canon is your best bet.   😉

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements