cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 - says it’s printing, but never prints

Sparky2
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA G6020 that worked great for a while. Now it won’t print from my main laptop. It’s connected and the UI on the laptop gives info on the printer (even as status changes), but it won’t actually print. My Mac laptop and iPhones print to it just fine. I’ve uninstalled and deleted everything related to the canon and then reinstalled it all. Went through the setup, like before, but the problem remains the same. No error codes and no timing out. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, I went to test the printing again and it worked now. I changed nothing. No idea what changed. It wasn’t a simple reboot, since I didn’t reboot recently and did many reboots on both machines before. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Sparky2!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your computer and whether it talks to your printer via a USB cable or via Wi-Fi. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

IMG_7785.jpeg

The laptop I’m having issues with is not a mac. It’s an hp. Here are the specs. 

i connect via wifi. As mentioned before, printing works fine on all macs (laptop and iPhones) but not on HP laptop. It used to work fine on all devices. The HP now connects to the laptop, says it’s printing, but does nothing. 

I’m not sure it matters, but to answer your previous question, the macOS is Ventura 13.1

thank you,

Mark

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Mark,

MAC working, Windows 11 is not.

Check the list of attached devices on your router.  What IP address does it say it has assigned to the printer?

Windows PC > Open a web browser.  and enter the printers IP address in the address windows (URL).

shadowsports_1-1682905707214.png

Press enter, does the printers web server load?

You can also open a command prompt, windows start menu, type CMD, press enter.  When the command prompt window opens type "ping with the printers IP address, then press enter.  Does the printer reply to ping?

My printers IP is 192.168.1.99 (example)

shadowsports_0-1682905572715.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

image.jpg

Thank you Rick,

yes, when the printer IP address is entered on my PC, the printer’s web server loads. I see the ink levels and signal strength. 

Ok, I went to test the printing again and it worked now. I changed nothing. No idea what changed. It wasn’t a simple reboot, since I didn’t reboot recently and did many reboots on both machines before. 

Announcements