cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G3020 Printing seems out of color, ink levels look OK except "Mc"

eywon
Apprentice

Hi, I’m having a hard time figuring out what seems to be the problem with my printer. The printing seems out of color but when I check the ink levels of the printer in my laptop, everything seems fine except of this “Mc”. What is this Mc? I only see 4 physically inks here in my printer (Black, Cyan, magenta, yellow). Can somebody help? 

I’m using Canon G3020 and using Macbook pro. Fyi, firmware is updated too. 

Hope somebody can assist. 

Thanks, 

Mike 

1 REPLY 1

Krzysztof909
Apprentice

Hello,

Mc stands for Maintenance Cartridge. The maintenance cartridge is where ink goes after an ink flush. The maintenance cartridge is the opposite of the ink cartridges in the sense that when the maintenance cartridge is full it must be replaced. It makes sense that your ink levels are high and Mc level is low. This is good. I just performed an ink flush on my Canon Pixma G620 and it prints like new. You most likely need to perform an ink flush. Scroll through the setup menu until you get to maintenance. Perform all of the maintenance procedures including ink flush. If your ink levels are high enough and Mc level is low enough, your printer should be able to perform this. Hope this helps!

Announcements