cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G2260 Error Code 5200 During Ink Flush (all colors)

Ari_
Apprentice

Hi all.

I've been running into an issue that started when I tried to print some notes with colored text. Whenever I'd print, the black ink would be fine but the color ink appears faded. Initially thought it was an issue where the colored ink is low, but I checked the levels and they're fine.

Naturally, I did attempt the basic maintenance checks including 'Cleaning', but upon trying anything beyond that (i.e. 'Deep cleaning', 'ink flush'), 'Error Code 5200' would display. I checked the forums here for similar issues and followed the advice of running an Ink Flush (normal and deep clean) and Deep Cleaning, but since I get the error code during those maintenance runs, I'm a bit at my wits end. Are there any other things I can try to do to resolve this issue?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ari_,

To resolve the 5200 error with your PIXMA G2260, please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA G2260 off.

2.  Wait 5 minutes and turn your PIXMA G2260 back on.

3.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your printer one time.

4.  Use the right arrow button to select Maintenance and press OK.

5.  Use the right arrow button to select Ink Flush and then press the OK.

6.  Press OK on All Colors.

7.  Press OK button on the message that appears.

8.  Use the left arrow to select Yes and then press OK button.

9.  Again use the left arrow to select Yes and then press OK button.

This process will take about 6 minutes. If it only takes one or two minutes, please perform these steps again.

Once this is complete, please attempt to print.

If the 5200 error appears, your PIXMA G2260 would require service.  If your PIXMA G2260 was purchased less than a year ago, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat to obtain your in warranty options. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

If your PIXMA G2260 is out of warranty, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements