cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of the blue this A.M. my Pixma iP4920 stopped printing colors.

rhess
Apprentice

Had been idle for a week, waiting for ink. Loaded new cyan in and tried printing a photo on glossy paper. Printer drew in the paper and acted like it was printing - took a good minute as usual - nothing printed. Using Mac OS10.11.3. Tried image on grayscale, low quality - printed OK.  I took all the cartridges out and reinserted them. Did normal clean from Utilities either two or three times and deep clean twice. Tried to print three colored lines of text - nothing on paper.  Have twice printed the test sheet - only black comes through. The inks are from two different suppliers and times, so I can't think it's the ink. I've gone through the options from the Canon utility and the print settings in the OS - everything looks normal.  Should mention that I've tried to print from the wired desktop computer and via WiFi on a laptop.  Same results.  Not sure about date of purchase.

Can a printer just up and lose the ability to print color?

Any thoughts appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rhess,

Based on your description of the issue, it is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements