cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need pixma mx860 Windows 11 drivers and software

OPunWide
Apprentice

I have a new Windows 11 system (not an upgrade) and it won't accept the drivers. It wants only 64-bit drivers.

I saw a post for about the mx 340 in this section and tried those. They would at least try to load but couldn't detect the printer.

I would also need to be able to installing the scanning software. I use it more for scanning that printing at this point.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OPunWide
Apprentice
4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The MX860 has been retired and there are no drivers for Windows 11. Since the printer is not compatible with your operating system, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OPunWide
Apprentice

Is it a decent discount or something like a 20% coupon similar to any other sale price? I'm sure there are some hoops to jump through before being given the discount.

LamarD2
Apprentice

I was able to find a website that has updated the driver to work with Windows 11.

Free Printer Driver Download.  

It says that the Canon PIXMA MX860 driver & software download for Windows XP, Vist, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 - 32 bit, 64 bit, Server 200, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022, Linux and MacOS (OS X 10.X, 11.X, 12.X, 13.X Ventura).

[Removed 3rd party link per Community Guidelines] 

OPunWide
Apprentice

Canon was zero help. User JEMD posted a solution. I tried it and it worked!
https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Desktop-Inkjet-Printers/PIXMA-MX860-and-Windows-11/td-p/425521 

Announcements