cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PIXMA MG2522 only prints the top left quarter of the page

roseytrue
Contributor

My PIXMA MG2522 printer has started to print the whole document in the upper left quarter of the page, despite the paper size print setting being set to Letter and the printer default paper size being set to US Letter. The print preview shows the full page ready to print. This happens no matter if I print from a Word document, Chrome, Outlook...

Help!

14 REPLIES 14

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.
If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.
Thanks and have a great day!

roseytrue
Contributor

No error messages appear at all. I use a macOS. Connect to printer via USB. 

macOS comes in multiple versions that can impact how the community directs your next steps.

If you need one-on-one help, please visit your My Canon Account at canon.us/account to discover your support options. 

roseytrue
Contributor

Currently running on macOS Big Sur, Version 11.6.7.

Hi roseytrue,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click on the Canon MG2500 on the left side and then [-] at the bottom to remove it.

4.  Repeat until all MG2500's are removed.

5.  Click on the [+].  The Add Printer window will appear.

6.  If your MG2500 does not show up, please disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it.  Also, please make sure that your PIXMA MG2522 is powered on.

7.  Click 1 time on your MG2500 in the list and then click the Add button at the bottom.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tried this and still having the same issue. Any other suggestions?

Hi,

Do you have the MG2522/MG2525 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 installed?

We look forward to your reply. 

Driver version 16.40.1.0 is currently installed/being used.

Hi,

When you add the printer in printers and scanners, what is listed for name, kind and type. Does it list the Canon driver being used? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Announcements