To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows in use.
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
Thanks and have a great day!
Uninstalling the network port and printer driver and reinstalling them will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Put the PIXMA MX439's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.
2. Click on Start and then Run. If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:
2-1. Click Start.
2-2. Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.
2-3. Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.
2-4. In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.
2-5. Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.
2-6. Click OK in the Properties window.
3. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
4. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
5. Double click the folder named WIN.
6. Double click the folder named Driver.
7. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
8. Double click the file named DELDRV. If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows, please double click DELDRV64.
9. In the Run box click OK and then follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.
Once complete, please follow these steps:
1. Click on Start and then Run.
2. Click Browse. In the Bowse window, click on "Computer".
3. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
4. Double click the folder named WIN.
5. Double click the folder named Driver.
6. Double click the folder named LAN.
7. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
8. In the Run box click OK.
9. Follow the prompts to uninstall.
Once complete, restart the computer.
To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Press the <Setup> button on your PIXMA MX439.
2. Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press <OK>.
3. Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press <OK>.
4. Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press <OK>.
6. Enter your WEP key and press <OK>. Please verify the WEP, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate. To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.
7. Press <OK> on the confirmation screen. The PIXMA MX439 will search for the access point.
8. When found, press <OK> on the Connected to the access point screen.
9. Take out and then reinsert the CDROM that came with the PIXMA MX439. The setup program will start automatically.
10. If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.
11. Click on Easy Install.
12. When the Easy Install screen appears, click Install and then "Use the printer with wireless LAN connection" and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.