cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX882, red color is not working. what is the problem?

grace
Apprentice

I have MX882 printer.  whenever I print out papers with red, it does not working.  The color turns to yellow so that I can't read the letters.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi grace!

This most likely means that one or more of the colors are not printing correctly.  The best way to find this out is to perform a Nozzle Check.  Please perform the following to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1.  Make sure that the machine is turned on, then load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

2.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

3.  To print the nozzle check pattern:

a.  Press the Setup button.

b.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

c.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

d.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.

Examine the nozzle check pattern on the LCD of your PIXMA MX882 and you can also compare it to the example that has been attached to this message.   Check the pattern to see if any lines are missing.  Missing lines or no ink appearing on the paper indicates a printhead cleaning may be required.  If your printout does not match the example, please perform a printheawd cleaning by selecting B and then choosing Yes.  If these options are not available, please perform the following steps to perform a Cleaning: 

1.  Press the MENU button.

2.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

3.  Select Deep Cleaning and press OK.

4.  Press OK to select Yes.

The deep cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 deep cleanings, print another test page.  Does the test page print correctly?  If not, then service may be required.  Please call the Canon Technical Support Department at 1-866-261-9362. That way a representative can walk you through step-by-step troubleshooting, or go over your warranty/service options, if necessary.  Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 pm EST (excluding holidays).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi grace!

This most likely means that one or more of the colors are not printing correctly.  The best way to find this out is to perform a Nozzle Check.  Please perform the following to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1.  Make sure that the machine is turned on, then load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

2.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

3.  To print the nozzle check pattern:

a.  Press the Setup button.

b.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

c.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

d.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.

Examine the nozzle check pattern on the LCD of your PIXMA MX882 and you can also compare it to the example that has been attached to this message.   Check the pattern to see if any lines are missing.  Missing lines or no ink appearing on the paper indicates a printhead cleaning may be required.  If your printout does not match the example, please perform a printheawd cleaning by selecting B and then choosing Yes.  If these options are not available, please perform the following steps to perform a Cleaning: 

1.  Press the MENU button.

2.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

3.  Select Deep Cleaning and press OK.

4.  Press OK to select Yes.

The deep cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 deep cleanings, print another test page.  Does the test page print correctly?  If not, then service may be required.  Please call the Canon Technical Support Department at 1-866-261-9362. That way a representative can walk you through step-by-step troubleshooting, or go over your warranty/service options, if necessary.  Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 pm EST (excluding holidays).

The printer head cleaning worked for us!

Thank you Devin!

skylark68
Apprentice

Thanks, Devin, for the suggestion. However, the nozzle check showed no clogged nozzles. I did one cleaning anyway but the next nozzle check was identical to the first and my document still prints orange-brown rather than red. I guess I'll need to keep looking for a solution.

Announcements