cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 922

ToriModel1
Apprentice

Error code 1660  "does not recognize the cartridges --I put them in again  and stil the same message

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are you using Canon branded inks?

If yes, I would remove all the cartridges and power off the printer.  Now unplug it.  Wait a few minutes and reconnect power.  Turn on and reinstall the inks. 

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143490

If this doesn't resolve there is another issue with the printer and it may require sevice or repair.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ToriModel1
Apprentice

Thank you did not work     Cannot seem to use printer only with the black cartridges that seem to be recognized,  

What other printer shal I buy?

Hi ToriModel1,

You qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. They will be able to advise you of what printer would work best for you based off your printing needs.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Announcements