cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG8200 printer goes offline and eventually back online.

laughingem
Apprentice

I need help understanding why my printer goes off and online.  How do I bring it back online when I need to use the printer?  Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hello laughingem.

The community is eager to assist! To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we’ll need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use, as well as if you are using the printer's USB or wireless connection.  We look forward to hearing back from you!

Well, I believe I have Windows 8, am trying to use wireless, and printer from my desktop and iPad.  I only bought the computer and printer several months ago.  On original set up everything worked just fine.  At some point, the computer has started to switch itself offline and at times back online.  I have not been able to see any correlations or patterns for when it switches itself offline.  Thanks

Spoiler

Hello laughingem.

The issue that you have described appears to be related to a timeout between the router and the printer.  When this occurs, please turn the printer off and back on in order to refresh the connection with the network. 

If these troubleshooting steps do not work, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements