cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5500 my pictures suddenly started coming out red

DDuyan
Apprentice

I printed a few pictures on photo paper, the first few came out as expected but all of a sudden they started coming out with a strong red cast. I do not know how to correct this or why it happened in the first place, I didn't change any settings. What should I do to get my pictures to print correctly? 

Adding - I tried to print regular pages and everything has gone red

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DDuyan,

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order.  The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-251 M
CLI-251 Bk
CLI-251 Y
PGI-250 PGBk
CLI-251 C

Next, a test of your PIXMA MG5520 should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG5520 and follow these steps:

1.  Select SETUP from the HOME screen on your PIXMA MG5520.

2.  Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this message.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.  To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Select SETUP from the HOME screen on your PIXMA MG5520.

2.  Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Cleaning.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

5.  Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check print correctly?

If the Nozzle Check does not print correctly, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

MG5520 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements